Saturday, June 15, 2013

I saw a Unicorn!

I never sleep anymore... I'm living on dreams and caffeine by day. But my emotional productivity is through the roof at night. I love life this way. I don't pop on social media as often, I'm usually lost in a book or in life somewhere doing something with someone or invariably on the phone. This life we have is so short. I've been running an emotional marathon I swear, in some facet or another. I have just learned so many heavy life lessons in such a short time. Be it through love, relationships, exes, legal battles, business dealings, band members, coworkers, friends and every experience imaginable, but regardless of the teacher there's so much to be grateful for. EVERY PERSON in my life is there to teach me unconditional love in some capacity whether it's them to me or me to them. I may as well learn the lesson the first time instead of being doomed to repeat the same pattern. Everyone is a mirror of ourselves, we see our traits both good and bad in them, that determines whether we like them or not, then we try to wipe the mirror to get the stains off our face that may be on there. When what we really need to do is to wipe off our faces and get back at it.

I recently had some crazy business events that really showed me who people really are. There were a lot of life lessons and the chips fell where they needed to and in the end there were so many lessons to learn and so much to gather from it that I am left with gratitude for it all. The growth has been truly tremendous for everyone. We are all on the cusp of something incredible. I can feel it in my chest :) 

As for love and romance, well... The Lessons i am learning are tremendous. I am watching everyone around me get married, I have felt cursed for the last few years like I am good luck chuck or something, except emotionally, lol the irony is my dad's name is chuck, it's of no consequence to me when God draws her to me, I know he will, it truly is the deepest desire in my heart, so It'll happen in God's timing but boy do I love being blown away by a lovely girl, but every once in a while... You are stopped dead in your tracks by a unicorn...

We don't ever think it's possible in real life for a girl to truly have EVERYTHING on your list, but yet one day lo and behold she is standing there... And you are stunned and blown away and you're like... "Don't move... Quick, get your camera, don't scare it, you have to get a picture... There's a unicorn!" 

That's the most beautiful experience in life that I know of besides getting baptized or going to the temple, to think that someone could be so perfect, you are shocked, THIS IS a unicorn. Some people see a unicorn once in their life, some people marry the unicorn, these are the fairy tales people are still talking about today from many years ago, whatever the outcome it's a beautiful thing to know that unicorns are real and it is moments like this that truly raise the bar. 

Time to grow some more. I feel good. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to experience the things I have experienced in these 27 years of life and I am blessed to be alive. :) 

I hope you all have a good day today!  Thanks for stopping by :) 

Ps: I think i sprained my soul this week! And I saw a unicorn! They really are as beautiful as you think they are :) 

1 comment:

  1. Kevin,
    It's been years since I've seen, met, talked with, and known you. I wanted to reach out and let you know that you are, to this day, probably the most amazing person I know. You and your sister both. I always feel enlightened when I see one of your blogs or status updates, see where you are in life. You should know, I still brag about you to people I know and meet despite not having contact in so long. Cheers my brother!
    -Brennon

    ReplyDelete